Saturday, September 6, 2008

Preschool!

Tuesday was Ashley's first day of preschool. She LOVES it! She was probably ready for preschool this time last year but she was only 2. I thought I was ready for her to go but when I turned to leave, I really choked up and had a hard time not losing it. I really had to fight back the tears. It was a good thing Zach was with me or I probably would have had a good, long cry. It seems like just yesterday these kids were only a dream. We tried for so long to have them thinking we never would. (Anybody remember that one in a million chance we were told we had??) Now the time is going by so incredibly fast. This past few months, even more than ever, I have been cherishing every second with them and realizing that the messes, toys all over the place, loads and loads of kid laundry, crumbs on the floor, spilled milk, will be gone in the blink of an eye. I am loving every (well almost every) moment of being a mom to these little ones and I am having a very hard time this week realizing that it won't last forever. My cousin's "baby" is graduating from high school this year and that is not helping me. It seems like about five years ago that we were at the hospital waiting for him to be born on my Grandpa's birthday. Yikes. Time does fly by. What am I going to be like in two years when Ashley starts kindergarten and Zach starts preschool? Oh my. Anybody know any good therapists? I also can already tell that I will NOT be a good empty nester.


Really she wasn't sad even though she looks like it in this picture. I promise.


Okay so maybe I'm a little out there but I had to cut out the preschool name in case any "crazies" come across my blog.


Somebody was PRETTY excited when she found this box of Toy Story toys! She is on a mission to find a Jessie for it, though.


And the baby that she says she will play with "every day of preschool".

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am excited that our kids will be getting to know one another this year! I am also so happy for you and Danny that you have both kids... you are very deserving parents... Blessings!

Lindsay said...

Have a GREAT year Ashley!!

Tiffany said...

Yay for preschool! She looks so adorable!



________________
Add this to your site